- Students, parents, and teachers will identify the students by their first names only. (If a parent comments, it should read “Molly’s mom instead of “Heather Wallace”).
- Keep personal information private, such as your last name, phone number, and where you live.
- Respectful comments are allowed.
- Proof-read comments are allowed.
- Use complete sentences with appropriate grammar. (“Text talk” does not qualify).
- All comments submitted must have teacher approval first.
- Try to write comments that continue the conversation. (Click here for helpful hints).
- Try to find comments you agree with or made an impact on you, then add to the discussion.
A) After typing your appropriate comment, proofread it to make sure it:
- makes sense
- is spelled correctly
- follows our grammar rules
- has correct punctuation
B) Have a partner in your group read it back to you out loud. Edit and revise.
C) After your team agrees that the comment is ready to post, copy the entire comment.
D) Last step:
- Write only your first name for the commenter.
- If you have an email address, you can enter this, or enter your teacher’s email, or leave the email blank. It does not show on the screen.
- If you have a website you would like people to go to, please type that in. Otherwise, you can leave the website blank.
- Raise your hand if you are in class before submitting comment. If you are at home, please get parental approval before submitting comment.
- Click “Submit Comment” when your comment is ready.
- You will need to wait for the teacher to approve your comment, before it is actually published on the blog.