Tonto National Monument Field Trip

We went on a field trip to Tonto National Monument.  First, we got on the bus.  We saw great things on the way.   It takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes to get there. When we got there we saw Ranger Jen.  Everyone started screaming.  It took a little bit to start moving.   They decided Ms. Brokaw’s class was going to climb the mountain first. We saw cactus and we even saw the other class from way above on the mountains.  When we arrived at the top, there was a 700 year old building.  We could not touch the walls.  It is very important to them.  They asked us if we could find hand prints on walls, or a fire pit.  We saw a few of them both.  They were in flat ground.  There was a small hole in the ground for a fire pit.  Then we went back down and I almost fell down the hill.  A lot of people were slow because there legs were hurting.  Daniel, Ernesto, and I were acting like drama. When we reached the ground Ranger Jen took us and gave us papers.  There were five plants she showed us what they are used for. Then we went back to school and went home. By Christian

December 20th, 2017 we went to Tonto National Monument.  The first thing we did was we go in the classroom from recess, well morning recess.  Then we put our backpacks down. Next we put our lunch boxes, if we had one, in a basket that Ms. Brokaw had.  After we went to the bathroom or tried to go to the bathroom.  Also we got on the bus with Mrs. Moore’s classroom.  The bus ride was 1 hour and 45 minutes.  That took a long time. Then we finally got there.  The first thing we saw when we got there was Roosevelt Lake.  Then we got off the bus and saw Ranger Jen.  She let us take a bathroom break. she also let us look through a microscope.  After that a ranger named Ranger Will came.  Before I forget Ranger Jen told Mrs. Moore and Ms. Brokaw to pick who went with Ranger Jen or Ranger Will first.  My class got to go with Ranger Will.  What Ranger will did was, we went hiking up for so long every one in my class was being dramatic.  Then after we went on the hike we had lunch.  Oh yeah, my mom also came. I almost forgot to mention my mom.  After lunch we switched.  So then Mrs. Moore went with Ranger Will and we went with Ranger Jen.  What we did with Ranger Jen was we did like a pop quiz.  After we did the quiz we went down and sat on the benches that Ranger Jen had at her work.  We had to draw our favorite thing we learned there.  What I drew was a cactus.  Finally we got done. Then we talked for a little and went to the bathroom again.  Most importantly we got back to the bus.  It was a great day!  By Adeline 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *