Mrs. Renzulli's Class Blog

4th Grade Bloggers

The World According to Humphrey

May9

You can learn a lot about a life by observing species. That’s what Humphrey was told when he was brought to room 26. What do you think that statement means? Please collaborate about what your point of view is and share with one another. Remember to be engaging in your conversations and to pose validating questions.

by posted under Uncategorized | 43 Comments »

“The World According to Humphrey”

1. May 9th, 2014 at 9:57 am      Reply cali Says:

I believe it means that if you have something of your own you like a pet you will really love it and wanna take care of it by feeding it and keeping it nice and clean.

2. May 9th, 2014 at 10:00 am      Reply lindsay Says:

Dear Mrs. Renzulli ,

I think

3. May 9th, 2014 at 10:00 am      Reply cali Says:

I believe it means that if you have something of your own like a pet you will really love it and wanna take care of it by feeding it and keeping it nice and clean.Do you think Humphrey is smart and why?

4. May 9th, 2014 at 10:04 am      Reply lindsay Says:

Dear Mrs. Renzulli ,

I think it is to observe another animal.

from,

lindsay swigert

5. May 9th, 2014 at 10:07 am      Reply Alawna Says:

“You can learn a lot about a life by observing species.” I think that this means that when you look at one species then a different then you see the difference. The kids could see Humphrey and what he does then see a rat and see the difference,but they could also see the similarities between them. Do you think the same? I also think by looking at what species do you can learn about that person/pets life. This teacher was trying to show them how to look very closely to a things life.

6. May 9th, 2014 at 10:09 am      Reply Craig Says:

I think it means that you can learn from one another.

7. May 9th, 2014 at 10:09 am      Reply Katelynn Says:

I believe that Humphrey was told that he can learn a lot about a life by observing species because he was going to be in a human classroom instead of staying with her and going to the island with her.

8. May 9th, 2014 at 10:09 am      Reply Zac Says:

what I think the question is about is that just because it is not your species does not mean you can not learn about it if you want to go for it no one can stop you.

What do you think about chapter 3?

9. May 9th, 2014 at 10:09 am      Reply Blaiz Says:

What I think about the statement is Humphrey can discover a new life in room 26 and have friends he can see what he finds out about all the kids in room 26. Humphrey can figure out about what the kids do in the class and find out how they take care of him. Most of the kids are loud and noisy why because there children that is how kids are.

10. May 9th, 2014 at 10:11 am      Reply Tatum Carney Says:

I think you can learn a lot from another species because you can learn how they respond to loud noises or how respond to humans or how they eat and how they live and how they do things their way.

11. May 9th, 2014 at 10:12 am      Reply raygen Says:

I think it means that if you look at a life of an animal in a way you can see the different perspective of it.So if you look at an animals life it is just like ours but in a different way.

12. May 9th, 2014 at 10:14 am      Reply Ashley Says:

I think that this sentence mean that if you have another pet or person to talk to then you could express their feelings and problems. I also have a question what chapter are you on and what chapter do you like?

13. May 9th, 2014 at 10:15 am      Reply Natchez Says:

The story was about this hamster that said he hate his life and his teacher and he said he wish he or she was gone gone and gone
    then if he or she come back i am out of here.

14. May 9th, 2014 at 10:16 am      Reply Ayejah Says:

I think the point of view of you can learn a lot about life by observing another species is that taking care of another part of life can help you learn because you can compare your life to it’s. What was your favorite part of The World according to Humphrey?

Ayejah 🙂

15. May 9th, 2014 at 10:16 am      Reply Manuel Says:

What I think it means that Humphrey will meet new kids and a new teacher and sense he’s a animal so he’s meeting people not new animals humans kids and the janitor because he’s a classroom pet.

16. May 9th, 2014 at 10:18 am      Reply Natchez Says:

I think it means about life.

17. May 9th, 2014 at 10:18 am      Reply Seth Says:

That you lean how animals interact with people and learn to take responsibility in there self. What chapter did you like?

18. May 9th, 2014 at 10:20 am      Reply Blaiz Says:

What I think about of the statement is he can have a new life and have all new friends new home all in room 26. Why he went to room 26 I dont now but I think he will have a good time in room 26 with all the kids in there do you tell me if you think that to.

19. May 9th, 2014 at 10:20 am      Reply Natchez Says:

I think it means about the and what happens.

20. May 9th, 2014 at 10:21 am      Reply Eva Says:

I think the statement means that you really can learn from another speices if you want to. Because when you have a pet you try to learn from them so like if you give then certain cat food and they didn’t like it you would want to write it down or remember that they didn’t like it so what you just did was you LEARNED from them. So what it means is that you can learn a lot from other speices and no one or nothing can stop you. Have you ever learned a special thing from your pets like what food they like? And have you ever taken notes on what your pets do so when you play with them they will have a lot of fun?

21. May 9th, 2014 at 10:22 am      Reply tristan Says:

I think it means that you can observe how a animal reacts to different habitats.

22. May 9th, 2014 at 10:23 am      Reply Manuel Says:

What I think is that Humphrey is going to meet a new teacher and new students and their a new species to him because he’s an animal not a human so he’s gonna meet new people not species even though they are species.

23. May 9th, 2014 at 10:24 am      Reply Natalie Says:

I think that it means that Mrs.Brisbane does not like rodents like Humphrey, and then she observes how he is acting and she learns new things about Humphrey’s life. That is what I think about the first sentence “You can learn a lot about a life by observing species.”

24. May 9th, 2014 at 10:24 am      Reply Natchez Says:

It means that what happens to the characters.

25. May 9th, 2014 at 10:24 am      Reply Brianna Says:

That statement means if you don’t like a certain type of animal you can stick around them and get to know them. Once you get to know them you might like them more. Mrs. Brisbane can get used to Humphrey, just like the school janitor likes Humphrey. Every night when the janitor comes into room 26 Humphrey gets excited because the janitor is Humphrey’s friend. Mrs. Brisbane has too spend time with Humphrey and then she will get used to him. Once Mrs. Brisbane gets used to Humphrey she will love rodents and see that they are not as bad as she thinks.

26. May 9th, 2014 at 10:25 am      Reply Emily Says:

I think it means Humphrey can watch the kids and see what they do.

27. May 9th, 2014 at 10:31 am      Reply Neshma Says:

So what I think that Mrs.Brisbane was not nice to Humphrey because he is a rodent. So, he always learns new things about her and she means Ms.Mac and he want her to come back that what I think.

28. May 9th, 2014 at 10:33 am      Reply nathaniel Says:

I think the statement means that it is easy to observing a animal then to research a animal.

29. May 9th, 2014 at 10:39 am      Reply anthony Says:

you can learn a lot about yourself by taking care of another species.

30. May 9th, 2014 at 10:40 am      Reply Marcos Says:

i think you can learn a lot about yourself by taking care of another species .

31. May 9th, 2014 at 10:41 am      Reply Hunter Says:

You learn a lot about yourself by taking care of another species. That’s what Humphrey was told when he was brought to room 26.

32. May 9th, 2014 at 10:42 am      Reply Kathryn Says:

I think it means you can learn a lot about other life forms & learn how to treat them. I also think it means you can observe the different factors of species.

• May 9th, 2014 at 11:15 pm      Reply Ashley Says:

Kathryn, I do agree with you because observing another life form can teach you lots of things an also, What chapter are you on?

33. May 9th, 2014 at 10:45 am      Reply Tatum Says:

I think the sentence means about how animals will reacte in our habitat and how you could explore the things an animal can do.

34. May 9th, 2014 at 10:49 am      Reply Katelynn Says:

I believe Humphrey was told You can learn a lot about a life by observing species because he was not going with Mrs. Mac to the island and being left with room 26.

35. May 9th, 2014 at 10:50 am      Reply Alawna Says:

“You can learn a lot about a life by observing species.” This means by looking at what an animal does you can learn a lot about the life of that animal. By looking at Humphrey the kids learned a lot about what others like him do in their family. Do you agree? Do you think otherwise? Plus learning about him made them able to know how to clean his cage and give him food. This teacher wanted the kids to learn about different animals life and how to take care of them.

• May 9th, 2014 at 11:11 pm      Reply Ashley Says:

Alawna I do agree with you post and also when they take care of Humphrey they learn alot how to take on how to take care of a hamster.

-Ashley 😀

36. May 9th, 2014 at 10:51 am      Reply Aiden Says:

In chapter 1 you can learn a lot about yourself by taking care of another species.That’s what Humphrey was told when he was brought to room 26.

37. May 9th, 2014 at 10:52 am      Reply tristan Says:

I think it means that you can learn how a animal reacts to a habitat.

38. May 9th, 2014 at 11:12 am      Reply jack Says:

i think it means that he has a good live in room 26 and mooving around howses like wen mr. brisband mad a obstbical corse so he mad a play grown for humphrey.

39. May 9th, 2014 at 8:45 pm      Reply Kathryn Says:

I wonder why Garth isn’t liking Humphrey anymore? He is being mean to Humphrey. Like in the end of chapter 7 he moved the scary
    Jack-O’-Lantern back to the same spot that Sayeh moved it from.

40. May 9th, 2014 at 11:06 pm      Reply Ashley Says:

I think that that sentence means that if you have someone or a pet to talk to then you will learn something from it,and also in chapter 15 I loved it if you read chapter 15 yet then tell me what was you favorite part?

41. May 12th, 2014 at 8:06 am      Reply Kathryn Says:

Yeah! I finished the book & found out why Garth is being mean. But I am not giving away any spoilers. :p