Mrs. Renzulli's Class Blog

4th Grade Bloggers

Poetry

February7

Similes and Metaphors are ways an author wants to express their writing. Many times you may hear or read similes and metaphors. It is your time to shine! You will have the opportunity to  incoporate your own by writing a song or creating a poem using figurative language. Dear-Mrs-Larue-Letters-from-Obedience-School

by posted under Literature | 9 Comments »

“Poetry”

1. February 7th, 2014 at 2:18 pm      Reply Mrs. Renzulli Says:

There you are standing in the sun.
    You look like a vibrant star.
    Oh so beautiful you are.
    All this time you were in my mind as I wish to hear your words once more.

There you are standing in the rain.
    You look troubled and with pain.
    Oh so morose you look.
    All this time you were as sad as a dark glooomy cloud.
    And now that you have cried, I will sit here by your side.

2. February 7th, 2014 at 2:36 pm      Reply Seth Says:

My dog my dog it’s incredible how silly you are.When I throw the ball far you never come back. You are like a monkey in a trap.

Seth

3. February 7th, 2014 at 2:40 pm      Reply Ayejah Says:

Butterflies

Butterflies are as beautiful as the Earth. They soon have to leave for winter I’ll miss them like a child misses their blanket. Their colors are so majestic, like a rainbow on wings.
    Small like my hand. Then they finally leave, I have to wait for spring but it’s better than waiting longer. When they come back I’ll be excited like a flower that just bloomed.

4. February 7th, 2014 at 2:41 pm      Reply Zac Says:

My dog my dog you look just like fog standing in the sun no cell service at all my dog my dog you look just like fog sitting in that shade while you wash away.

5. February 7th, 2014 at 2:41 pm      Reply Alawna Says:

The Small Flower Poem

The flower was yellow like the dry grass in the meadow,

that it was so small that the others were so tall.

The small flower was such a beautiful sight that it took a high,high,flight like a butterfly. It flew so high like a butterfly that it touched the high,high sky. When it went down it had to die like the leaves every single spring at one time!

-Alawna

6. February 7th, 2014 at 2:44 pm      Reply Brianna Says:

My Cardinal Poem

Written by:Brianna

When you fall, you’re like a falling star.
    When you fly, you’re like a angel.
    You soar across the sky as if a rainbow would appear.
    You fly above our heads as if a plane would be taking off.

When you crawl, your like a spider on the ground.
    When you rush , you are like a group of cattle.
    You crawl as if a bug would run away.
    You rush as if a bull would in a rodeo.

7. February 7th, 2014 at 2:56 pm      Reply Eva Says:

*A Place Where nobody Knows*
    A place where nobody knows you’re going down the road but you are never coming home no no you’re standing on the porch like you only had one word to say i’m crying like a baby and you are running around in the city all crazy you’re a racecar running around the race track i’m feeling crazy but only for tonight baby.

8. February 10th, 2014 at 2:28 pm      Reply chris Says:

Money in the air like birds don’t care.Then money jumping in my pocket like a boom.Then I see someone standing on the porch like they are going to explode. Then I go to tell them you are going to explode, then I make her shine like a diamond. I like to sing then I say sometimes I’m weird like a crazy dog. I walk back to my house then the money in my pocket was not jumping like a boom because I spend all my money on video games.