Mrs. Renzulli's Class Blog

4th Grade Bloggers

Our Dream Speeches

September24

cropped-DSCN0192-29dd6rc.jpgI Have a Dream…..

Why do people laugh at someone who is different? Everyday I see a person being laughed at and I hate to see people suffer. My dream is to stop people from being laughed at. I was one of those people who had to hide at school because I was being made fun of. This dream became realistic for me because it began with my sister when she was in the 2nd grade. She was being laughed at because she was the only black kid in her whole class. So I went on the computer and typed in her serious problem and  Martin Luther King Jr. popped up and I read what he stood for and what he represented and I was amazed. Once I was done reading, I realized that I wanted to help people not feel glum and feel left out. Those that are picked on and made fun of because they are different should have a happy, glorious, terrific day instead of being made fun of because of the color of their skin or because they look different. They are all apart of this universe and should be appreciated with respect like any other child or person. My actions are to go up to someone who is being picked on and help them with their problem and become their friend. This will help me achieve my dream.

By: Alawna

I have a Dream

Did you ever have the feeling that you, your family, and your friends were going to get hurt during a really bad storm? If you did have that feeling would you be scared? I would be scared, I also get that feeling sometimes. When I get that feeling I usually hold on to something like my sister, brother, mother, or father.

I have a dream and that dream is to help anybody that gets hurt during a volcanic eruption, hurricane, and tornado. I want to be a doctor that travels all over the  world. I want to be a girl that everybody adores. I wish I was famous like other doctors. I hope my dream comes true but, if it does not then I will just try to make all my other dreams come true. I hope your dreams come true too.

Written by: Brianna

I Have a Dream…

I have a dream to have people have a great education, to be smarter. So no one will fall back in their grades and not to be troublesome in school. I want others to get great jobs like to be in the military, or to be an architect and not become homeless. I want people to have respect. Let people have great jobs and homes. If they get a great education children like me and others can do what they want like be a boss or a comic maker. If they do fall back in school for math or whatever they may have trouble with their academics when they get older. They will not be able to function out their in the real world without that knowledge. Some will get educated and get good jobs, and some people that had a hard childhood can become rich or complete their life goal, like climb Mt.Everest, or being a mechanic and not become homeless.

By Seth

by posted under Projects | 19 Comments »

“Our Dream Speeches”

1. October 1st, 2013 at 3:16 pm      Reply Alawna Says:

Dear Brianna,
    I think your dream was amazing because you told every detail about how you felt about being a doctor. The thing that stood out to me was that you want to be adored and famous because that was a powerful fact you told me. I have no dislikes about this dream and that is a good thing. I do have a question and it is that what would be your next deam you would go to if this one did not work?

2. October 1st, 2013 at 3:17 pm      Reply craig Says:

Seth, Your I HAVE A DREAM speech was amazing but how is it going to happen?

3. October 1st, 2013 at 3:20 pm      Reply Ashley Says:

Wow Alawna that was powerful I know how people feel about getting picked on I got picked on for liking something the other kids liked. I like how you said what happened to you I like what you did with you speech

4. October 1st, 2013 at 3:22 pm      Reply Cali Says:

Dear Alana,

I thought your I have a dream speech really stood out. I liked it because it’s very inspiring and true, lot’s of people get bullied all the time and I don’t like it either.

From Cali

5. October 1st, 2013 at 3:23 pm      Reply Katelynn Says:

If you can write those stories you can do anything you want to do besides you all have wonderful talent .

Your pal,

Katelynn

6. October 1st, 2013 at 3:24 pm      Reply blaiz Says:

Dear Alawna,

I think your I Have A Dream is amazing because you were talking about your sister when she was in 2nd grade and when she was the only black kid in class. I have to say that is not funny to tease your family.

7. October 1st, 2013 at 3:24 pm      Reply Brianna Says:

Dear Alwana,

I adore your dream because it is so kind of you to have that kind of dream.I really hope your dream comes true. It is a great dream. That dream is one of my dreams too. But your dream really matters. When we both grow up I will help your dream come true.

Your classmate,
    Brianna

8. October 1st, 2013 at 3:28 pm      Reply nathaniel Says:

Good job Seth I like that you don’t wont other kids to fall back a grade.

9. October 1st, 2013 at 3:29 pm      Reply Kathryn Says:

Seth I think you used powerful words in your dream and
    What made you feel like this?

10. October 1st, 2013 at 3:30 pm      Reply Brianna Says:

Dear Seth,

Your dream is great. If I were you I would want to have people get great education. What if I was a kid when you were an adult and I had great education would you be excited for that? I just have one question for you when you grow do you want to be a teacher?

11. October 1st, 2013 at 3:31 pm      Reply Adrien Says:

Seth I really liked your I have a dream it had a lot of effort and honesty in it. And it is really true, you need to have an education to get anywhere in life.

12. October 1st, 2013 at 3:31 pm      Reply zac Says:

I like your story Seth because you used strong words and you really inspired me! Thanks.

13. October 1st, 2013 at 3:33 pm      Reply Natalie Says:

Dear Alawna,
    Your post is true. I used to be picked on also, like once when my friend was being mean to me she told her friend that I was being mean to her , but I was not being mean to her, so her friend came over to me and she yelled at me for being mean to her ,but I wasn’t being mean to her and I started to be mad and started crying:( Now this year everyone is nice to me and also whenever I see someone getting bullied I tell the bully to stop. Once when I was getting bullied last year you helped me. Thank you very much.
    Sincerely your friend,
    Natalie;)

14. October 1st, 2013 at 3:35 pm      Reply eva Says:

Dear Alawna,
    You did an awesome job! You were very powerful and I’m not just saying that. I always like to read your writing. 😉

From,
    Eva

15. October 15th, 2013 at 2:53 pm      Reply Brianna Says:

Dear Alawna,

Your dream was awesome. I really loved your dream. I wish I was you because your dream was really cool. You are also a good student so you deserve to have that dream. I am very interested in you. Can you tell me more of your dreams? I would really like to hear more of your dreams. Maybe if you tell me some of your dreams I can share some more with you. But only if you want to hear some more of my dreams.

Your friend,

Brianna

16. October 15th, 2013 at 2:54 pm      Reply Zac Says:

Dear Seth, I liked your story not because I just saying. I like reading your post it was amazing. By,Zac

17. October 15th, 2013 at 2:56 pm      Reply Tatum Says:

Dear Alawna,
    I think it is wonderful that you think that it was not right to bully people and that they have no right to bully or be bullied.

Your friend,

Tatum

18. October 18th, 2013 at 8:56 pm      Reply Donald Says:

Dear Seth,

I like what you said about your I Have A Dream.
    I hope you are having fun in your class with all your friends.
    Have fun and can you type to me more.

Thank You.

Your Friend,

Donald

19. October 18th, 2013 at 9:00 pm      Reply Donald Says:

Dear Alawna,

I liked your I Have A Dream. I hope you are having fun in the class. Are you learning a lot of stuff in class?

Your Friend,