Mrs. Renzulli's Class Blog

4th Grade Bloggers

What Does My Name Mean?

August21

by Mrs. Renzulli 2012

Have you ever asked yourself, “What does my name mean?”  Most people have some idea of their name meaning or where their name came from. You will have the chance to look up your name and of its history.  Etymology and onomastics is a great resource to do just that. These are a few links that you can click on to do your research. Once you’ve found supportive evidence you will then post your findings here. Happy findings!

Meaning of names

Ancestors

Behind the Name

Some of the student responses were:

August 29th, 2012 at 6:26 pm e     ReplyJorja Says:
Wow my name is American and English and my name is with the state Georgia.

August 29th, 2012 at 6:27 pm e     ReplyXander Says:

Mrs.Renzulli,I figured out where my name is popular in English and Dutch.

August 29th, 2012 at 7:15 pm e     Replylydian Says:

Mrs.Renzulli my name means a musical note in a guitar.

August 29th, 2012 at 7:21 pm e     Replyluke Says:

Mrs Renzulli my last name means the son of luke.

August 29th, 2012 at 11:15 pm e     ReplyChristina Says:

Cool my name is from Greece.

August 30th, 2012 at 5:39 pm e     Replyrudy Says:Mrs.Renzulli my name means a very famous wolf and it lives in Germany and in the United States. That is very cool

August 30th, 2012 at 7:06 pm e     Replydakota Says:Mrs.Renzulli my name means friend. My name also stands for a native language.

August 30th, 2012 at 7:09 pm e     Replyzane Says:Mrs. Renzulli my name means a gift from God and a beloved one, that is cool.

August 31st, 2012 at 1:07 am e     ReplyMakayla Says:My name is from Ireland and English. Mrs.Renzulli I hope you like where my first name comes from!

August 31st, 2012 at 1:13 am e     ReplyMakayla Says:It’s from English and Ireland.
August 31st, 2012 at 6:05 pmeReplyTristen Says:
My name is American and English and it stands for being bold and outgoing.
August 31st, 2012 at 6:06 pmeReplykody Says:
My name means helpful from England.
August 31st, 2012 at 6:12 pmeReplycallie Says:
My name means beautiful,forest,and lark.
August 31st, 2012 at 7:26 pmeReplyhailey Says:
My name means hero.

by posted under Projects | 1 Comment »
One Comment to

“What Does My Name Mean?”

1. September 11th, 2015 at 3:26 am      Reply Linda Says:

My name is Linda which means Pretty. I am basically from US. This link gives more details about my name.

Our Classroom Books