Mrs. Bliss' Dragon's Den

The Digestive Sytem: The Adventure of a Lifetime!

Post written by Emily and Kaileah

This is our science project about the digestive system. We were asked to create a drama about what would happen if we got shrunk by a shrink ray and was eaten. This is our adventure of a lifetime traveling through the digestive system:

This science project video took us one week to create. We had so much fun making it.

Did you enjoy our project as much as we did?Β

Did you learn anything new?Β

What was your favorite part?

What would you like to make a video on in the future?

7 comments ↓

• #   Jackie Clarke on 01.18.12 at 12:55 pm     Reply

This is amazing! Great work – I learned so much! What a wonderful way to show your learning! I am about to teach a Grade 2 class and I would love to have them show their learning through videos. Keep up the fabulous work!!

• #   Kaileah and Emily on 01.19.12 at 12:41 pm     Reply

Dear Jackie Clarke,

Thank you so much, It took a whole week to create and upload on to youtube. We are overjoyed you learned so much from our movie. We actually learned a lot too! We learned a ton about the small and large Intestine. Good luck teaching your 2nd grade I think they would have alot of fun learning in movies and creating vidoes. πŸ˜€

Did you know the small Intestine is bigger than the large?

Sincerly,
      Emily and Kaileah

• #   Ross Mannell on 01.19.12 at 5:16 am     Reply

Hello everyone in Mrs. Bliss’ Dragon’s Den,

I found Kaileah and Emily’s video great fun as it gives people an idea of the digestive system in a very different way.

I didn’t know classes had developed shrink rays but it might have some uses as in “The Magic School Bus” series. πŸ™‚ Imagine being able to ride on the back of a butterfly or shelter from the rain under a mushroom.

Did I enjoy the video? Yes, it certainly brought a smile to my face. πŸ™‚

Did I learn anything new? I’ve learned your class has very creative people in it. I do filming and DVD work for schools in my area now I’ve retired from full time teaching. I know how long it can take to make even short films.

What was my favourite part? There were two favourite parts… I liked to see the excellent acting skills of the teachers helping out. This was really a class effort. πŸ™‚ Well done!
    Secondly, Emily questioned whether Kaileah would prefer being barfed or the other. I think the lesser of the two ‘evils’ was the right move. πŸ™‚

Making a video in the future? Judging by the fun in this video, I think anything your class turns their minds to would be great. For me, I am working on a DVD of a school’s final day. Their school was closing and they will join the other school in town to make one new, bigger school. I will try to make them sad at the closing but smile as they see the new beginning when they start their new school year at the end of January.

Thanks for sharing this great post. I hope I see more in the future.

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

• #   Kaileah and Emily on 01.19.12 at 12:25 pm     Reply

Dear Ross Mannell,

Thank you so much for commenting on our Digestive system movie! We really apperciate it! Emily thinks its funny that you and her have the same favorite part in the movie. Where she asked if I’d rather gotten out the other way. πŸ˜€ We had a lot of fun acting all this out without a script.

It was Emilys idea for me to go down the slide for the esophagus, also for me jumping into the hot tub for her stomach. One of the funny things that happend while shooting the video is, we had no script at all so, when we needed Mrs.Bowers to unshrink me she was right in the middle of teaching her class so therefor she had to scatter around looking for something that would be a good shrink ray. When she was scrambling around, she picked up some clorox whipes and shook her head… not good!:D

We would love to see one of your videos in the future. It sounds very cool!

Sincerly,
    Emily & Kaileah

• #   Ross Mannell on 01.19.12 at 6:03 pm     Reply

Hello again Emily & Kaileah,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Much of the film work I do for schools can’t be put on You Tube because our school’s don’t allow us to do so. I do sometimes add short clips to my You Tube channel if I’m helping out a class with some topic or if I have been filming at our local animal sanctuary. They have little editing generally but, if it’s okay to do so, here is a link to my channel.

You’ll see one of the most popular clip currently on the channel is of a baby koala poking its head out of its mother’s pouch for the first time. After being born, the very tiny young make their way into the mother’s pouch and stay there until they are large enough. Suzie, the mother, is very patient with the keeper. Very cute. πŸ™‚

@RossMannell
      Teacher, NSW, Australia

• #   Kaileah and Emily on 01.20.12 at 9:08 am     Reply

Dear Ross Mannell,

Thank you for sharing that video with us. Very cute! We’ve never seen anything like that! Emily once saw a baby cow being born, but thats about it. We did not know Koalas had pouches, I awalys thought that only Kangroos had pouches. πŸ˜€

Do you mostly do videos of animals?

Sincerly,
    Emily and Kaileah

• #   Lin on 04.26.12 at 5:19 pm     Reply

Everybody likes baby animals. I was raised on a farm and got to see lots of babies being born.