Mrs. Bliss' Dragon's Den

My Dreams for a Career

by Noah

Written for the Student Blogging Challenge #4

If I could learn anything, I would choose to learn how to make money very fast. I would go and look at all the jobs that pay the most, and see which one I would like to do the best.

I would try to pick it based off of my personality, and talk to other workers to see what they like to do. I think it’s important to interview other people to see what they like about the job, to compare them with my common interests. I would try to have a special relationship with my boss, because if I needed anything I could go to him/her.

I would describe my personality as open minded, and I’m a free thinker. I don’t like people controlling me, and I like to do what I want to. I don’t like having a limit to what I can do. I get excited about things on the inside, but look calm on the outside.

Based on my personality and my goals, what do you think is a good job for me?

What job would you like to do some day, and what are your goals?

6 comments ↓

• #   William Chamberlain on 10.04.11 at 6:28 pm     Reply

Noah, I really hope you rethink how you choose your job. Not that I think basing it somewhat on your personality is wrong, but I think that picking a job based on how much potential money you can make is a bit short sided.

I know you believe that being wealthy will make you happy, but I am not so sure. If you are working in a job you don’t like simply because it pays well will you really be happy?

• #   noah on 10.05.11 at 11:30 am     Reply

To Mr. C,
      I agree with being happy with what career I choose. I would love to have a job that I could wake up with a smile on my face and not mind going to work. I hope I can be fortunate enough to pursue a job like that someday. Yes, I know that money can’t buy happiness. I don’t intend to. I will keep this in mind while choosing my career.

Do you love your career?

Thankfully,
      Noah

• #   William Chamberlain on 10.05.11 at 11:56 am     Reply

Noah,

I love my job, I get to spend all day playing around with kids! Seriously though, teaching is something I really enjoy. Even when I have a hard day I know that I am doing something very important. That makes me happy.

• #   noah on 11.10.11 at 3:08 pm     Reply

Dear Mr.C,
          I’m amazed with what being a teacher has given you in life. It gave you money, laughter, and most importantly, happiness. Now I know why some kids want to become teachers when they grow up. I would like to thank you for commenting on my post. I’m glad I had this time to exchange these jobs with you. Although I’m not sure I want to be a teacher, I hope I can have a job that brings me as much laughter and happiness as your job.

Sincerely,
          Noah

• #   Ross Mannell on 10.05.11 at 5:13 am     Reply

Hello Noah,

You seem to have quite a well thought out plan. It seems you are gearing up for a possible job in the finance industry. For me, the dream job I had became a career when I became a primary school teacher.

Ross Mannell (teacher)
    NSW, Australia

• #   noah on 10.05.11 at 11:45 am     Reply

To Mr. Mannell,

I’m glad you were able to find a job that you loved. I hope I get to do the same. I’m not sure I want a job in finance industry, but I will look into it and keep it in mind. Thank you for commenting on my post Mr.Mannell.

Sincerely,