Fraher's Class and Friends

3rd Graders Connecting Around the Globe

Read Across America Week

March1

Read Across America 2013 was a blast!  The whole school joined together and celebrated Dr. Seuss in a big way!  Our class enjoyed all of the fun activities our school offered.  Take a look at some of the highlights.

What Dr. Seuss book is your favorite?

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free picture slideshow
Print Friendly
by posted under collaboration, Reading | 9 Comments »

“Read Across America Week”

1. March 2nd, 2013 at 2:50 am      Reply Carrie, Andy and Lauren Baarstad Says:

Brooke,
    Your project looks amazing! Congratulations on your !st place ribbon. It looks like everyone had a great time. Keep up the hard work kids.

2. March 2nd, 2013 at 7:52 am      Reply Barbara Cajowski Says:

WOW!!!! You sure were busy getting ready for the parade!!! That was A LOT of work to be done! It was soooo worth it– your part in the parade was AMAZING!!! I really enjoyed it! I also really enjoyed reading to you– that was always my favorite part of teaching. Now to answer the question… I remember taking out the book GREEN EGGS and HAM from our library many, many times as a child!! Keep on woking hard my friends!!!

• March 2nd, 2013 at 6:34 pm      Reply gfraher Says:

Mrs. Cajowski,

Thank you for your comment. We enjoyed the parade and thought we looked pretty good. We enjoyed you coming to our class and making And to Think I Saw It On Mulberry Street come to life. Did you read that book when you were a kid?

Mrs. Fraher’s Class

3. March 3rd, 2013 at 8:21 am      Reply Barbara Cajowski Says:

I honestly don’t remember reading that book when I was a kid. I know I have read it before though, but forgot about what happens in it! That would be a fun book to do use for inspiration for a creative writing project…. And to Think I saw it on Peralta Trail. Thank you for not giving me one of Dr. Seuss’s hard to read books like Mr. B had!!

• March 3rd, 2013 at 11:12 am      Reply gfraher Says:

Mrs. Cajowski,

That is an excellent idea! Mr. B did have a challenging book, but he rose to the occasion. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our blog.

Mrs. Fraher

4. March 6th, 2013 at 10:22 pm      Reply Skyler's Mom Says:

You guys did such an amazing job on your Lorax float! So glad they do fun weeks like this–I know Skyler enjoyed it :) You also have an awesome teacher that is very creative! Way to go Mrs. Fraher!

5. March 20th, 2013 at 2:15 pm      Reply brianna Says:

Dear Mrs. Fraher’s class,

When you guys wore that Dr. Seuss mustache it looked funny. Do you like Dr. Seuss? I like his books. I saw you guys reading his books. Do you like his books?They must be interesting to you. I like him as a book writer.

Your friend,
    Brianna

6. March 20th, 2013 at 2:23 pm      Reply Naomi and Katelynn Says:

Dear Mrs. Frahers class,
    We saw your video and read your text.
    We read OH SAY CAN YOU SEED.
    What book did you read?
    Do you now what A.R is?
    From Naomi and Katelynn

7. April 25th, 2013 at 8:33 am      Reply Matt Says:

Hi Mrs. Fraher Class,

I checked out your web page & saw the Dr. Seuss stuff you are doing. Fish out of water has always been my favorite Dr. Seuss book. Avery I liked your mustache!!!

Avery’s second cousin