guest post by Tracy Watanabe
Today we talked about digital citizenship and Internet safety. We talked about being members of our physical community and members of a digital community. In both communities, we have expectations for being a good citizen and being safe.
Some of the safety and citizenship expectations students knew were:
- Keep your personal information safe, such as your full name, address, phone number, etc.
- Don’t post or comment about where people can find you. For example, don’t share that you will be at soccer practice from 7:00-8:00 tonight at the park.
- Be respectful and polite online.
- Since blog comments are like friendly letters, we should follow the friendly letter format.
- Watch a BrainPOP Online Safety video to see what we can add to our list.
- Visit one of these blogs and decide how well they follow Internet safety and digital citizenship rules: