I spent New Year’s weekend with Davo in Arizona. Here are 12 things we did to welcome 2012:
- We played Q-bitz which is a visual puzzle and game. To play this game, you have to flip a card and make the design on it as fast as you can. The objective is to finish before the other person.
- We played Around the World: The Ultimate Board Game. I did much better with this game because Davo has traveled several countries now and have met many people. Here were some of his favorite questions:
- Indonesia was colonized by which of the following empires: A) Dutch B) American C) Chinese
- From which country do Aborigines originate? Hint: Aborigines are the first inhabitants of this country.
- Which group of people is referred to as Kiwis?
- In which continent is the Great Barrier Reef located? Hint: It is the world’s longest coral structure
4. After I finished the first book of The 39 Clues, I got permission from his parents to make an account online to play the game. It was intriguing because you go on a mission and get clues from around the world to complete the mission.
5. We played Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars on the Wii. Davo had a hard time playing.
6. Davo got to play goalie when my family and I went to play soccer.
7. We enjoyed creating Circuits such as radios, a microphone that amplifies your voice, burglar alarms, lie detector, doorbells and much more!
8. Davo helped me with his Brain Benders puzzles. It was a good thing Davo has four paws to keep the pieces in place.
9. Davo helped I make homemade alfredo sauce for dinner. It was so scrumptious, and really easy to make! I was so glad we got to help make the dinner.
10. After dinner, we had a Nerf gun war. Since Davo is small, it was really difficult for me to hit him.
11. Davo helped me make a delicious dessert. We just put the pretzels on the cookie sheet and unwrapped Hersey kisses to place on top. After they melted, we stuck a peanut butter M & M on it. Yummy!
12. On New Year’s Eve, we tried to stay up real late to count down on the clock, but unfortunately Davo fell asleep at 9:45 pm. Playing all day wore him out.
I originally wrote this post from Mr. Davo Devil’s blog, with the help of Mr. Davo Devil.
What did you do to bring in the New Year?
Do you know any of the answers to Davo’s favorite Around the World questions?
If you went to my house, what of the things we did would be the most interesting for you?