Adventures in Fifth Grade

Wonderfully Wild Fun in Fifth Grade!

Creating our About Page

September11

post written by Tracy Watanabe

In blogging, a page is different than a post. A page gives information about something such as information about your class or guidelines for being safe on the blog; while a blog post is about your thoughts, ideas, and reflections that you want to have a discussion about.

Explore these About Pages

Your first task is to explore the About Pages on the blogs listed below and answer the questions in the comments below:

• What information do they tell you?
  • What do you like about them?

Here are the blogs you may explore:

1. Mrs. Hamman’s Blog
  2. 4KJ at Leopold — Miss Jordan’s Blog (Click on the links to the four different About Pages)
  3. Mr. Salsich’s Team 5 Blog
  4. Mrs. Moore’s Class Blog
  5. Em’s Canvas

What information did you learn on the About Pages?

What do you like about their About Pages?

What should your teacher write on your About Page?

“Creating our About Page”

1. September 17th, 2013 at 3:03 am      Reply Mrs. Wallace Says:

Dear Ms. Bean,
    Your blog is very interesting as you begin. I look forward to learning more this year with your Fifth grade students.
    Warmly,
    Mrs. Wallace

PS that is a great picture of you…I am excited for you to teach me how to post in black/white

2. September 25th, 2013 at 5:47 pm      Reply Ariana Says:

I think you should put were we are located,a picture,and possibly a little of our class rules.=]

3. September 25th, 2013 at 5:49 pm      Reply anjolie Says:

I think we should put on our blog is our favorite stuff to do

4. September 25th, 2013 at 5:50 pm      Reply Toria Says:

We should tell our favorite things and make it stand out

5. September 25th, 2013 at 5:52 pm      Reply Raven Says:

Dear Mrs.Bean I think we should put a map that shows where we are.

6. September 25th, 2013 at 5:52 pm      Reply kendra Says:

we should put what we all like also you should put a avatar on your about page. we should take a pic of all of us and put it on our about page and we should put our grade level also put where we are in the United States of America.

7. September 25th, 2013 at 5:52 pm      Reply nych Says:

We should put what we do and put picture on are about page
    what we like to do are favorite books , games , and food

8. September 25th, 2013 at 5:53 pm      Reply tino Says:

we should put on our blog about our favorite apps we like.

9. September 25th, 2013 at 5:54 pm      Reply jasmine Says:

I would like to have a colorfiled blog! With maybe some things that are class likes and dislikes. We also should have a picture of the whole class and what school we are and where we are located. Lets make this the best blog ever made!

10. September 25th, 2013 at 5:54 pm      Reply Toria Says:

We should also make it bright and colorful

11. September 25th, 2013 at 5:54 pm      Reply Mckayla Says:

I think we should tell people a little bit about us such as, what we enjoy about school and are favorite subjects. We should also tell people what kind of books we like.

12. September 25th, 2013 at 5:55 pm      Reply kyle Says:

Our “About” page should contain all of the aspects of our classroom; including class projects, favorite books, what we want to accomplish this year in the classroom, and if we have any special field trips coming up. Our “About” section should be the most exquisite literary section on the internet!!!

13. September 25th, 2013 at 5:55 pm      Reply Lizbeth Says:

I think our about page should have all the things we like to do. I also we should put what state were at.

14. September 25th, 2013 at 5:56 pm      Reply Tianna Says:

I think we should put what are favorite things are on are about page. We should also put a picture of are class.

15. September 25th, 2013 at 5:56 pm      Reply Alexander Says:

I think we should have voki because we could tell them what we we are doing in our class. There is another thing i think we should have on our Blog is that we could tell them what’s our favorite book,food,games,apps,movies/TV shows,sports,and hobbies.
    That is what i want on the blog.

• September 26th, 2013 at 2:24 am      Reply Mrs. Wallace Says:

I would love to learn how to do a voki Alexander…maybe your class can teach me for my website once you put one on yours…
      Warmly,
      Mrs. Wallace

16. September 25th, 2013 at 5:57 pm      Reply victoreya Says:

I think that we should that taking pictures of all of us.And that we should say about more us and say that what we learned like:Lungs,and like the brain.

17. September 25th, 2013 at 5:58 pm      Reply chaz Says:

Our favorite subjects, what we do for homework everyday and that we have the best teacher.

18. September 25th, 2013 at 5:59 pm      Reply nathalie Says:

you should post you favorite stuff

19. September 25th, 2013 at 6:00 pm      Reply eric Says:

Dear Mrs.bean,

1 thing I would like to see you use on your About Me page is our favorite things. A list would be favorite foods, favorite books, favorite app,favorite games,and favorite movies/tv shows

20. September 25th, 2013 at 6:00 pm      Reply Cesar Says:

I thank put what we do like famous people of American history. 😀

21. September 25th, 2013 at 6:01 pm      Reply Zayden Says:

I think for our class blog we should post pictures of science experiments\ projects if/when we have experiments or projects.We can also post social studies,then people can see what we do in class and other fun stuff.I also think you should take pictures of the field trip next week ,that would be cool also.
    We should post fun things we do in class.EX.learning about the heart,lungs,bones,and brain. Because someone might want to know about all that cool stuff.Post projects in class like our math(someone might want to know about the division if they were struggling with division.Same with our introduction paragraph,they might want to know facts on someone we are researching.I have so much more to say but it would take for ever to do.I hope you’ll find something good for our blog.

• September 25th, 2013 at 11:09 pm      Reply Tracy Watanabe Says:

Hi Zayden,

I would love to read about those things going on in your class in your posts. I wonder if there’s a way to put a little of that in your About Page, but not have it too long to read. Can you think of a way?

Kind regards,
      Mrs. Watanabe

22. September 25th, 2013 at 6:03 pm      Reply Meghan Says:

I think we should out were we are located, what we like to do, what our favorite things that we like to do.

23. September 25th, 2013 at 6:05 pm      Reply jacob Says:

We should probably put some type of summary of interesting, juicy,fantastic,& that thing that you were talking about of sucking the reader into your story. So technicaly all i’m just saying is that you should talk about the greatest times about the gracious,lucky,troubling,& ridiculed times outside of school. I want to hear of your fanaminal life. Add chicken and flavor to your story soup.

sincerely, Jacob

24. September 25th, 2013 at 11:11 pm      Reply Tracy Watanabe Says:

Dear Mrs. Bean’s Class,

I believe you came up with some fabulous ideas for Mrs. Bean. I wonder if she is going to write up her About Page based on your ideas, or if you’ll do it as a whole class, or if she’ll ask just a few of you to help write the Page.

I look forward to seeing your About Page next time I come back.

Kind regards,
    Mrs. Watanabe

25. September 25th, 2013 at 5:53 pm      Reply Ramon Says:

I like how they how they showed were they were.

26. September 26th, 2013 at 3:24 am      Reply Raven Says:

Mrs.Bean I think you should have a very colorful about page,and it should have pictures of of the class and pictures of all the field trips we have and projects.