One of my highlights of the week was working in Susan Rabe’s Kindergarten Class because her students were excited to compose quality comments on two blogs. It’s rewarding for me because at this point, I barely do anything, and get to reap the rewards of watching Mrs. Rabe work with her students on quality commenting. My part was to help find two classes in different countries around the same age as Mrs. Rabe’s class with some posts that might be interesting for her students. I also helped a tiny bit with what pieces of information to leave in the comment (such as the URL back to Mrs. Rabe’s blog and to write down Arizona, USA because that is interesting to other classes).
Click here to see the dialogue that has occurred!
Resources and ideas: Quality commenting and posting
Some classes for you to connect with from the Student Blogging Challenge:
- 1/2 Baldwin Primary School — Australia
- Year 2 Room 14 — New Zealand
- Climb High Grade 2/3 — Canada
- Year 3 Grey Lynn Scribblers — New Zealand
- Mrs. McKelvey’s Bloggin Froggers 4th Grade — USA
- 5/6 Baker 2013 — Australia
- All classes in Student Blogging Challenge
- ***Here’s the Florida Blogging Buddies for Mr. Lockwood***