The theme of this week’s challenge is A week in the life of… and it can be interpreted in many ways and allows you to share the awesome learning going on in your classroom no matter what you teach. For example, Em wrote this post last Thursday, and just added a few sentences in the beginning about how she likes to pass time creating and learning new things (to connect back to the challenge). Then she shared about basic programming, although she hadn’t a clue that’s what she was learning.
You can also stick to a more literal interpretation of the challenge. Here are some of Miss W’s examples:
- What time do you normally get up to go to school? (You could do a poll for this. I recommend xat polls to embed on your post. Or you can do a Google Form as a poll and publish for all public to view.)
- What do you normally have for breakfast, recess, lunch, tea (dinner, supper)? (Another item good for polling).
- How do you get to school? (Another item good for polling).
- How long does it take to get to or from school?
- A typical lunch at school. (Another item good for polling).
- Subjects you have to do – remember to explain abbreviations like LOTE and ELA.
- Specialist subjects or electives, options.
- Technology in your school.
- A typical school day with timetable and breaks.
- What do you do at break times? Games, activities etc.
- School bell has gone for end of day – what happens now?
- Do you have to wear uniform?
- How many days per year are you at school? How is this arranged – terms etc?
- What do you enjoy most about school?
- If you could improve your school, what would you do?
What creative approach will you try?