Today Mr. Lockwood’s class observed and got “hands on” with an elk heart. We had the heart donated by a fellow teacher here and it was from a large elk in Alaska. This was a great experience for the students and really allowed them to get immersed in their heart PBL. Look into the comments to find more out of the experiences from the Lockwood Crew.
Mr. Lockwood’s class took a 24 hour challenge to see how many calories they consumed in one day. They charted all of the food that they consumed and then did the math to find out how many calories they consumed. We have been learning about the “Food Plate” which has taken over the food pyramid in terms of how it looks and the portions involved. We are going to see how we can improve what we ate and replace items with healthier foods to have a more balanced meal.
Today Mr. Lockwood’s class went on a field trip to ASU. We saw the college in full swing with students and professors walking the campus. The kids had a great time and have many stories to tell! Take a look into their experiences and see what they did at ASU!
Photo Credit: Kevin Dooley via Compfight
Comment answers to a few of these questions
- What time do you normally get up to go to school?
- What do you normally have for breakfast, recess, lunch, tea (dinner, supper)?
- How do you get to school?
- How long does it take to get to or from school?
- A typical lunch at school
- Subjects you have to do
- Specialist subjects or electives, options
- Technology in your school
- A typical school day with timetable and breaks
- What do you do at break times? Games, activities etc
- School bell has gone for end of day – what happens now?
- Do you have to wear uniform?
- How many days per year are you at school? How is this arranged – terms etc?
- What do you enjoy most about school?
- If you could improve your school, what would you do?