When we say it was eventful, we are not joking around! Here’s a quick overview of our memorable week.
- It was time again to show what we know! We took our reading and math benchmark tests.
- In honor of Computer Science Education Week, we participated in Hour of Code! This was really exciting.
- Did you know different countries celebrate Christmas in different ways? We dove into our “Holidays Around the World” book and so far learned about Canada, Spain, and France.
- We had our first Mystery Skype and guessed correct! They were in Michigan. Then, we had the chance to find out a few things about their school and state. They only had 270 kids in their entire school! We also learned they they do border Canada, but not actually by land.
- Our first holiday cards from our holiday card exchange started arriving! So far, they have come Florida, Michigan and Indiana. We sent 3 cards to different countries, and can’t wait for those to arrive.
- We put our collaboration skills to work during a math performance task. We had to decided how we would spend $25 at a country fair.
- During our introduction to coding, we used our first hyperdoc! It had video links, a padlet, and questions to ponder.
- Mr. Lockwood came to our class to teach us about digital citizenship. Using the internet comes with great responsibility.
- Of course, we squeezed in a little poetry as well!
Here’s a iMovie trailer for a quick look at our week! It goes fast, so watch closely!
Which of our events do you think sounds like the most fun?