May 21, 2014
by Mrs. Moore
We can hardly believe our school year is almost over! It seems like just yesterday we were entering our 3rd grade classroom for the first time. As we reflected over our 3rd grade experiences, we decided we would share a few of our favorites!
1. Mad Scientist Day: This was so great we held Mad Scientist Day 2!
2. O.R.E.O Project: Our Really Exciting Online Project!
3. Global Cardboard Challenge: Inspired by Caine’s Arcade!
4. Poetry: We love poetry! Our class participated in many open mics and even wrote a little poetry of our own. Check out our bio poems.
5. Flat Stanley: This year Flat Stanley landed in Australia!
6. The Marshmallow Challenge: It’s just like what it sounds like, a challenge with a marshmallow!
7. One Book, One School: This was the first time our school participated in this project, and we thought it was amazing! Here is our post discussing character traits.
8. College Day: Every Thursday we research at least one new school. You never know where we might go…
Our map in the beginning of the year.
Our map at the end of the year!
9. Vermicomposting: During Earth Week we discovered another way to help save the environment.
10. Video Conferences: We thought of these as virtual field trips! Here are a couple we participated in: Piloting Planes, Minnesota Zoo, and Our Trip to Titan.
11. Dust Bowl: Can you imagine how life was for those ten years as a farmer? Our video might help you understand their plight.
12. Solve It Your Way: This blog had monthly challenges, and we loved to test our scientific method skills. 1. How far will it roll? .2 How high can you jump? 3. How long does it take an ice cube to melt?
What was your favorite experience of you school year?