Last year, Mrs. Moore’s class sent Flat Stanley on the adventure of his life with Charlotte and Susan. His adventure took him from Arizona to Canada and finally to China! Well, it was time for Flat Stanley to get his traveling envelope back out, because this time he’s adventure has him in Australia! Starting on February 1st, Flat Stanley started out on a 2 month adventure leading him from one side of Australia to the other and back again. This time his travel guides were Terry and Bonnie.
After reading the original Flat Stanley, we read Flat Stanley’s Worldwide Adventures: The Australian Boomerang Bonanza. In this adventure Stanley gets blown out to sea. We were a little concerned when we saw him involved in parasailing, but he has arrived back in the United States safely! Today, Terry and Bonnie will be hand-delivering him back to us. We are excited to hear more and meet the people who took our friend on an adventure 1/2 way around the world!
Here are a few things we learned about Australia:
- There are lots of kangaroos in Australia
- If a mother kangaroo gets hurt, people help the babies (called joeys)
- They have fairy crossing signs, so we are assuming they also have fairies
- They have fences made from objects that look like colored pencil
- They have a really fun bird called a Kookabura
- A Kookabura is a meat eating bird
- Magpies are very loud and have a fun song
- The whole continent is surrounded by ocean
- There are really big beautiful trees call Eucalyptus
Watch our video to see Flat Stanley’s amazing trip to Australia!
Have you ever hosted a Flat Stanley?
What is the farthest place from your home you have ever visited?